Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
If your home has been flooded, it's important to act fast.
First, call SERVPRO of Sunnyvale North. We'll start the water extraction process immediately and get your home back to normal as fast as possible.
Once you've gotten us on the phone, don't wait around for us—turn off electricity at the breaker box, stay out of the water and keep your pets out of it too, shut off the water supply to prevent further damage, and remove all belongings in the water's path before they get damaged.
Once we arrive, we'll work with you to clean up as much of the mess as possible so that you can begin rebuilding your life with minimal disruption and stress.
It may seem like a lot of work at first glance, but we're here for you through every step of this process—and we're going to make sure everything goes smoothly so that your home is back to normal before you know it!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (408) 890-7777
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.